Burson Supreme Sound Discrete Opamp Modules
4th Generation NEW MODELS Have Arrived
Burson’s Supreme Sound Op-Amp
The core of our research and development, our evolving design DNA, is the Burson output stage. It reduces distortion across the entire audio frequency band and it’s the basis of the Burson sound that many believe to be… supreme!
In 2006 we were the first company in the world to build special-purpose audio op-amps. Audio designers and recording engineers plugged them into their equipment to further realize the full potential of their projects.
The fourth generation Supreme Sound Op-amp was developed in collaboration with some of the world’s most passionate musicians, sound engineers and recording artists, the result reaching beyond our greatest expectations. Like a photographer’s favorite lens, it’s being used by recording artists around the world to better capture special moments that last forever.
Op-amps in the output stage are as important as the lens on a movie projector. Regardless of the analytical capability of the audio gear, an inferior op-amp can distort every dB of sonic imagery.
Most IC op-amps are worth less than a can of soda! Replacing these underperforming op-amps with slightly more expensive IC-based op-amps noticeably improves performance yet manufacturers often go for the cheaper op-amp anyway!
So how can well-known manufacturers of world-class audio seem to be unaware that a simple change of op-amp can lift the performance of their products? Why don’t they adopt better op-amps or just design their own customized discrete op-amps?
Unfortunately they’re very well aware of all this, but the focus is on profit margins and some manufacturers don’t hesitate to lower their production costs at the expense of quality sound.
Sure, ICs are cheap and plugging an IC op-amp into a PCB simplifies the entire design, assembly and quality control process. But IC opamps have countless faults that make them unsuitable for audio applications.
Listening to an IC op-amp is like hearing a concert through a keyhole, or admiring the Mona Lisa on a stamp! The resolution and texture of the Supreme Sound Op-amp completely surpasses IC op-amps of any kind. Compared with any IC op-amps, the SSO provides more texture and nuance with more refined detail. The bass frequencies are well controlled and punchy. Double bass can clearly take shape on a very three-dimensional soundstage. Classical music reproduction becomes much more realistic and spacious, string sections become a group of individual musicians rather than just a homogenized clump. The Burson SS Op-amp is a extremely listenable and engaging performer bringing pure music to your soul without listening fatigue.
Key Design Features:
- Plug n Play. They are the perfect upgrade for any IC opamps. Unplug the IC opamp, plug in the Burson and hear the improvement.
- 4th generation design and compared to previous generations, it has only 21 components on a SINGLE opamp and 42 components on a DUAL opamp. The previous 3rd generation had 32 components in a single and 64 components in a dual.
- Low open-loop distortion, low noise, low drift and low offset. The Supreme Sound Opamp also exhibited a wider bandwidth. These qualities are essential in high quality analog audio amplification.
- Works in a wide range of power supply environments. min 5V+-, Max 20V+- This means it works from studio mixer to CD player, preamp, headphone amp, power amp to higher quality PC sound-cards.
- The current draw per SINGLE or DUAL module is about 10 to 15% lower, than in GEN #3.
- Their form factor, is smaller…thus, can more easily fit inside in a wider range of designs.
- Cheaper than the 3rd generation modules…..by about 25%.
- 30 days satisfaction refund guarantee. A lifetime warranty !
Direct Replacements For:
AD8066, AD8620, AD712, AD827, C4570, JRC4580, JRC5532, JRC5532D, JRC5534, LF353, LM4562, LM833N, MUSES8920, NE5532, NEC4520, NEC4570, NJM2068D, NJM2114, NJM2214D, NJM4558, NJM4558D, NJM4560, NJM5532, NJM4558P, OP275, OPA2132, OPA2134, OPA2604, RC4558D, RC4558P, TL052, TL072
NE5534, LT1122, OPA627, AD811, AD844, OPA604, AD8610, AD797
IC-based op amps are used in audio for several reasons...ease of design; ease of assembly; and their low cost…but not sound quality. IC-based op amps suffer from EMI noise, inconsistent quality and were NEVER designed for audio. However, the "discrete" op amp modules from BURSON AUDIO are !
To read more visit the links below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: During pcX’s Monthly Sales, There is NO DOUBLE DISCOUNTING applied over and above any "special pricing” on any item, including items with quantity pricing.